Rainy, wintery days are a great excuse to pull out the art & craft box and make a super cool collage.
Coloured pasta is so useful and great for collage. I have a huge tub of coloured macaroni which I dyed years ago. I used the macaroni in the classroom when I was teaching, for counting and art purposes.
"Look no glue on my hands"
How to Dye Macaroni
Dry Pasta eg. macaroni (not cooked)
Large Ziplock bags
1. With gloves on, pour ¼ cup vinegar into a plastic Ziplock bag
2. Add a few drops of one color of food coloring to the Ziplock bag
3. Add 200gms of dry pasta to the bag.
4. Seal the bag and shake, make sure the pasta gets completely coated with food coloring
5. Arrange the sheets of wax paper out onto the bench.
7. Take the pasta from the ziplock bags (be sure to wear your rubber gloves) and place on the wax paper to dry.
8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 for each color
9. Let it dry out completely
9. Make sure pasta is completely dry before using.
Make sure you have fun. We use it for counting, collage and threading. What else can you use dyed macaroni for? Love to hear your ideas.
Don't forget to sign up to Mum's Grapevine for your newsletter featuring Midgee Moo's hot sale tonight.