Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Forgettable Afternoon Tea


I had a family get together, you know how it is. What will I cook? flick through recipe books, find the simpliest recipes with the lease amount of ingredients you have to buy and caramel slice seemed to be the quickest slice for afternoon tea I could come up with. So while vacuuming, mopping, tidying, washing, ironing, making the house look like 'House & Garden' are going to turn up for their Spring shoot , I burn my caramel slice!! Ah, any decent host would whip up something else, but no not me, I serve it up. Yes, the look on my family's face when I dished it up, was hilarious. The "are you serious, what else is there" look. Did they eat it, yes. Oh well, I got a laugh.
I had another go after they left and much to my delight, it was a success!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin