Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

In real life, I am sometimes faced with motherhood madness like most of us, with lack of sleep, time and house not always looking like it will be published in the next Home Beautiful magazine. 


I look back and think how much impact these things have on my role as a mother. At the end of the day does it really matter if the washing isn't sorted, or the ironing begins to grow beyond the basket itself, or if there seems to be permanent hand prints on those sliding doors.

Basic needs are met daily, with my children being clothed (yes, clean clothes, but maybe not ironed), fed well with homemade food and most importantly, they are happy, healthy kids.

Their smiles, laughter, milestones and happiness are my priority. In the big picture, these are what matter most to me. I think sometimes we put such huge expectations on ourselves knowing that we may not exceed these, then feel  that we are letting our family down.

I am slowly learning that my 4 year old does not care if his trackies aren't ironed or the carpet is not vacuumed but he would care if I wasn't there to hug him and make him feel better when he needed me. It is the little things that count.

To all of you mums, I think it's okay to say yes my kids are happy and I am doing a great job. We need to gives ourselves more credit. So enjoy being a mum, enjoy their smiles and importantly laugh with them.

Happy Mother's Day





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin