We love getting into the kitchen and cooking up some delicious afternoon tea. After all of the fruit that our family consumes each morning, we decided today afternoon tea was going to be a treat. Basically it's any excuse for Tyler and I to enjoy cooking time together while young Baxter is having his afternoon nap.
I adapted this Rainbow Cookie recipe from my grandmothers Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Very easy recipe that can involve children.
125 butter melted
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1tblsp vanilla essence
1 3/4 cup Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup Smarties (or more)
- Put oven onto 170' and put baking paper onto two cookies trays.
- Mix flour and sugars together.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla essence.
- Mix until the mixture turns into a dough form.
- Add half of the smarties to the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place onto trays.
- Slightly push down balls and place extra smarties on top.
- Cook cookies for 15 mins or until they brown.
- Let them cool on the trays before placing onto cooling rack.
Enjoy, they are great with a cuppa!